Air Conditioning & Hvac Repair Houston
5 Star Repair Services Inc. is a full service Air Conditioning, Subzero, & Appliance contracting repair service company. The owners have over 20 years of elite technical and customer service experience. No matter how big or small the job happens to be, we are here to help make sure your heating and air conditioning units are working efficiently.
5 Star Repair Services Inc. specializes in Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerator, Appliance, HVAC, and 24 Hour Emergency Air Conditioning Repair Services In Houston, Texas.
For the best in convenient and on-time Air Conditioning Repairs In Houston & Harris Fort Bend County, you can rely on the great service provided by the experts at 5 Star Repair Services Inc. Already the trusted Air Conditioning Company & Sub Zero refrigeration service choice in thousands of homes in Houston, 5 Star Repair Services Inc. provides the highest level of friendly AC Service, which is second-to-none.
If you are experiencing issues with your Air Conditioning system we can get an expert technician to your door, with a convenient on-time and rapid response. You can enjoy home comfort again with 5 Star Repair Services Inc.; HVAC residential & commercial repair services.
Commitment To Service
Air Aces takes our commitment to our Houston customers very seriously. That’s why we’ll always strive to provide the best overall experience from beginning to end. Offering high quality products is only the beginning. We want to provide the most enjoyable customer experience as well, and we hold our employees to a very high standard in order to see this commitment through. So don’t hesitate to give us a call today and let us know what kind of air conditioning service we can provide for you.
Types of Air Conditioners
There are many types of air conditioning systems that you can have installed in your home. Many factors will determine which type of system is best for you, and of course you want to make sure you get the most appropriate product. Sorting through all of the information on various air conditioning systems and trying to figure out what will work best in your home can be a pretty overwhelming undertaking, however.
We’ll make the whole process a lot easier for you. Our experts are always on hand to answer whatever questions you may have and we’ll keep you in the loop from start to finish. And if you’re having problems with your current system, we’ll give you an accurate rundown of your repair and replacement options.
Air Aces is an Energy Savings Program participating contractor. Our HVAC technicians are trained in state-of-the-art tune-up and installation practices. During a system tune-up, your contractor will use a Tune Up Assistant diagnostic tool to analyze your unit’s performance and make adjustments for optimum efficiency. Then, you will receive a a detailed report of your system’s operating efficiency before and after the tune-up. You will find out the cost savings you will gain from improvements made during the tune-up. You may be eligible for a $99.00 Rebate off of this service!
Energy saving HVAC maintenance prevents you from being the person without air conditioning during a heat wave or the person with no heat on a freezing cold night. It can also extend the life of your heating and air conditioning systems, help you save on your energy bills and reduce your carbon footprint. And if you would like, Air Aces can also give you a Service Maintenance Contract that includes a Peace of Mind Appliance Checkup to help you avoid break downs problems and help you save on your repair bills. Homeowners have enough worries, get peace of mind for a year! Call or contact us for an Air Aces energy saving maintenance check-up today!
To help avoid system downtime and costly equipment repairs, we offer a variety of service maintenance plans. We dispatch our 5 Star technicians to your home or office on a seasonal basis to carry out numerous tests, inspections and calibrations designed to locate minor issues before they can degrade overall system performance. Our services include cleaning the coils, lubricating moving parts, checking the refrigerant levels, changing filters and much more. Your system gets adjusted for optimal performance and the grilles and registers are balanced to ensure proper air flow in every room
Our AC Maintenance Inspection Checklist
The air conditioner maintenance offered by 5 Star Repair Services Inc. includes a checking of the following items:
- Thermostat settings ensure cooling and heating operations keep you comfortable when you’re home and cut energy use when you’re not.
- Electrical connections should be tightened. Voltages and currents on motors should be measured. Poorly maintained electrical connections cause unsafe operation of your system while reducing the life of all components.
- Lubricate moving parts. Friction causes additional resistance in motors and increases the amount of electricity used.
- Inspect the condensate drain in central AC units, furnaces and heat pumps (for cooling modes). Plugged drains cause overflows and water damage, affecting indoor humidity levels.
- Controls ensure safe and proper operation. Check that the system cycles (starts, operates, and shuts off), properly.
- Evaporator and condenser air coils. Dusty, dirty coils reduce a system’s ability to cool your home. They cause the system to run longer, raising energy costs while stressing the life of the equipment.
- Check and adjust the refrigerant level of your central air conditioner. Too much or too little refrigerant is another symptom of a less efficient, energy increasing and life reducing system.
- Clean and adjust blower component. This provides proper airflow for greater comfort. Airflow problems cause system reduction up to 15%.
- Check gas and oil connections. Improper connections are a fire hazard and can contribute to health problems.
- Gas pressure. Natural gas contains approximately 5% moisture. This can cause the diaphragm in pressure regulators to freeze in some winter climates. Rust preventing paint can help prevent leaks at joints.
- Burner combustion and heat exchanger. Dirty burners or a cracked heat exchanger causes improper operation. Either will cause equipment malfunction.
When something breaks down, it’s tempting to go the quick route and pay for air conditioning repair to get it up and running again. That quick-fix may seem the least expensive route now, but it may not offer the most value in the long run. Instead of repairing your old unit, it may be more beneficial to invest in a new AC unit. There’s a lot to consider:
Age of your equipment. Most equipment is designed for a life-expectancy of 15-20 years. Older equipment is prone to the following:
- More expensive repairs, such as compressors or heat exchangers
- Much lower energy efficiency vs. today’s standards
- Reduced performance due to clogged or corroding coils
Cost of repair. Repairing existing equipment can be a good decision as long as:
- The cost of the repair is less than 30% of the cost of new equipment
- The rest of the system is in excellent operating condition
Otherwise, the cost of repair would be better invested in a new AC installation.
Repair history and warranty. Knowing what repairs have been done to your equipment in the past and whether or not your equipment is still under warranty greatly affects the decision to repair versus replace. Ask yourself:
- Is the equipment still under warranty?
- Has the air conditioner compressor been replaced recently?
- Has the heat exchanger been replaced recently
Equipment performance. If your current equipment is not providing a comfortable environment, repairing an underperforming system may not make sense.
- Is your house too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter?
- Does your equipment turn on and off repeatedly during the day?
- Do you have problem rooms that seem to never get warm or cool?
- Is the turning on of your equipment noticeable, disturbing or causing annoying vibrations in your home?
Moving soon? If you are moving within the next year or two and believe investing in a new home comfort system will improve the value of your home, you should consider making the investment. If, however, you are planning to live in your current residence for many years, it may be wise to invest in your future comfort.